COVID-19 Relief PA Statewide Small Business Assistance
Please reach out to Julie Platt MPH/MSW, (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about how to apply for this fund. Bellevue Strategies can walk you through the process.
What can the grants be used for?
- Medical leave
- Marketing related to COVID-19
- Technology to run business as a result of COVID-19
- Be physically located, certified to do business, and generate at least 51% of their revenues in Pennsylvania
- Have annual revenue of $1 million or less prior to the impact of COVID-19; and
- Have 25 or fewer full-time equivalent employees prior to February 15, 2020
- Businesses that are not physically based in Pennsylvania
- Businesses that are in active default (not on a payment plan) with taxes or fees owed to the Commonwealth or IRS
- Non-Profits, Churches and other religious institution
- Government-owned entities or elected official offices
- Pawn Shops, real estate businesses, financial businesses
- Businesses experienced NO revenue loss and additional cost due to COVID-19
- If the business owner has a felon charge (3 year without conviction). Exclusion if sexual or financial crimes (no matter time).
Priority will be given to small business that are:
- Owned and operated by low and moderate-income people; or
- Located in areas of need including areas with a population having incomes significantly below the median income level, high levels of poverty, higher than average unemployment rates, or significant population loss.
- Types of businesses that were most impacted by the economic shutdown and experienced the greatest revenue losses.
- At least 50% of grants too small will be awarded to Historically Disadvantaged businesses.
Amount of funds that will be awarded is based on annual revenues as documented in most recent tax returns:
|ELIGIBLE BUSINESSES Annual Revenue||GRANT AMOUNT Available|
|Up to $50,000||$5,000|
|$50,001 – $75,000||$10,000|
|$75,001 – $100,000||$15,000|
|$500,001 – $750,000||$35,000|
|$750,001 – $850,000||$40,000|
|$850,001 – $1,000,000||$50,000|
What do I need to apply?
- Government Issued Photo ID such as a Driver’s License or Passport
- Online Bank Information
- Business financial information:
- Revenue from March 1st to May 31st for 2019 and 2020
- Most recently submitted Federal Tax Return. 2018 or 2019 business and personal tax returns including Schedule C.
- If startup between January 1-February 15, 2020, Internal Profit & Loss Statement
- Proof of Business Registration with PA Department of State, as applicable
- Philadelphia business can access this information here: https://www.phila.gov/departments/department-of-licenses-and-inspections/permits-and-certificates/help-using-eclipse/
On June 30th , the application will open. You can find the application on any CDFI website or here. Once you create log in information, you will then receive a confirmation email and a link to the application where you will be asked to upload the following documents.
- Driver license, Articles of Corp. IRS tax returns and bank information.
What if I owe two or more businesses and I want to apply?
- If you own more than one business, you are still eligibly to apply. You must provide a different application for each business and use a different EIN number.
I received a Payment Protect Program loan, am I still allowed to apply?
- Yes, you can still apply but priority will be given to businesses that have not received assistant or funds.
Are the grants first come-first serve?
- No, the grants are no first come- first serve. There will be four opportunities to apply for these grants if you miss the first opportunity. The first opening will happen on June 30th and will stay open for 10 days.
How long does it take for an application to be processed?
- It will take 30 days for the approval process and may include a phone call conversation if questions arrive. Once approved funds will be deposited within 48 hours.
How long will the application be?
- The application is one page and can be paused and accessed later.
Will my credit score be pulled?
- Yes, credit score will be pulled but will not be taken into consideration for the approval.
Can a CDFI do an application on behalf of a client?