Senior Advisor, Bellevue Strategies
Throughout his career, Harold T. Epps has built a solid reputation in both private and public sectors. Privately, he has focused on positioning organizations for sustained growth, successfully managing change and restructuring, improving efficiency, spurring innovation and maintaining a focus and discipline of continuous process and performance improvement. Publicly, Harold oversaw and implemented policies to help both small businesses and major corporations in Philadelphia thrive.
As a Senior Advisor for Economic Development at Bellevue, Harold continues this work with businesses of all sizes. Harold lends his expertise to clients through strategic positioning, access to capital, introductions to his vast network of key stakeholders and alignment on important shared goals.
Harold previously served as the Director of Commerce at the City of Philadelphia for the duration of Mayor Kenney’s first term, before resigning in March 2020. As Director of Commerce, he helped to coordinate activities along neighborhood commercial corridors with small businesses and entrepreneurs, major real estate development projects, large-scale business attraction and retention efforts, as well as efforts to increase minority-owned business contracting opportunities.
Prior to joining the Department of Commerce, Harold was the Vice-Chair of the Board for PRWT Services and served as PRWT’s President and CEO from 2007 to 2014. PRWT Services is one of America’s largest minority-owned firms and a provider of high-performance business solutions, facilities management and infrastructure support services. Prior executive roles include Quadrant, Menasha Corporation, Polaroid and Digital Equipment Corporation, where Harold led middle-market subsidiaries and divisions.
Epps’ personal commitment to workforce development and business opportunity diversity and inclusion efforts continue to drive his civic and board activities. Harold is Co-Chair of the Comcast National African-American Advisory Council, and serves on the board of many organizations, including the Cobbs Creek Restoration and Community Foundation, World Trade Center, First Step Staffing, and Community College of Philadelphia. Harold also previously served as the Chairman of the African-American Museum of Philadelphia, and an executive committee member of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, the African-American Chamber of Commerce, and The Urban League of Philadelphia. He was recently honored with the title of Trustee Emeritus at North Carolina Central University, his alma mater.
Harold has been the recipient of numerous awards including:
- Community Development Champion Award, 2020 – Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations
- Legacy Award, 2019 – Atkins High School
- Opportunities Leadership Impact Award, 2019 – West Philadelphia Financial Services Institution
- Black History Award, 2019 – 6ABC
- Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters, 2018 – Peirce College
- Paving the Way Award, 2017 – Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council
- Doing the Most Good Community Leadership Award, 2016 – The Salvation Army Greater Philadelphia
- Business Leader Awards, 2013 – Urban League of Philadelphia and National Urban League
- Father of the Year Award, 2012 – American Diabetes Association/Greater Philadelphia Father’s Day Council
- Alumni of the Year, 2010 – North Carolina Central University
Harold holds a Bachelor of Science from North Carolina Central University and a Master of Business Administration from Western New England College.