An Overview of Bellevue Strategies’ Client RACP Awards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 29, 2020
Media Contact: Mustafa Rashed, 215-275-9919
Bellevue Strategies Congratulates Partners on $8.5M in State Grant Funding
Philadelphia, PA − Bellevue Strategies congratulates clients who received a cumulative $8.5 million in state grants will go to projects across the Commonwealth.
“We are incredibly happy for our clients that received RACP funding. These funds are vital to improving communities and bringing substantial and well earned investment,” said Mustafa Rashed, President and CEO of Bellevue Strategies. “These projects create housing, provide food insecurity relief, and establish recreation and community centers across the Commonwealth. We are proud to have advocated for these projects, and we are excited to see them take a big step forward thanks to this investment from the Commonwealth, and the vision and hard work of our clients.”
The funding comes from the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP), a state grant program administered by the Office of the Budget for the acquisition and construction of regional economic, cultural, civic, recreational, and historical improvement projects. The 2020 round received more than 600 applications for funding, and awarded the highest caliber projects.
Projects approved for funding include:
- $1.75 million LOMAX for the Village Square: The proposed Village Square on Haverford, Phase I will be composed of a five-story multifamily building with 72-units above a 21,145 SF full-service supermarket, 40-units within 10 quadruplex townhomes, and a 10,000 SF office building.
- WURD Radio Headquarters: WURD Radio will be occupying some of the space in Village Square on Haverford 10,000 SF office building, along with LOMAX and Reading Room.
- $1 million for Impact Services: Impact services, received $1M Impact Services is proposing to develop a 140,000 sf former textile mill to improve the Kensington neighborhood of North Philadelphia by renovating an existing 140,000 sf Mill Building, into a mixed-use project including affordable housing (financed separately) and a multi-tenant community serving building.
- $1 million for the Upper Darby Community Center: Under the leadership of Mayor Barbarann Keffer, Upper Darby Township received funds to launch Phase One of a new Community Center.
- $1 million to the Philadelphia Share Food Program: Project entails new roof sections on Share’s warehouse at 2901 W. Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia and a 330 kW solar energy system installed on a new roof portion. The solar system will provide an approximately 50% energy offset.
- $1 Million for Trinity Police Athletic League (PAL): The project will entail the construction of a new state-of-the-art, historically compatible facility to house the return of the Gibbons PAL program and other community outreach initiatives.
- $500,000 to Sharswood Grocery Outlet: The RACP award will cover costs associated with the new construction of the grocery store within the Sharswood Shopping Center at 2051-77 Ridge Avenue – anchored by Grocery Outlet, as well as an urgent care and parking.
- The Philadelphia Youth Basketball Youth Development & Community Empowerment Center: was awarded $1 million to purchase and renovate the site of its planned youth development and community empowerment center on Wissahickon Avenue
Bellevue Strategies is Public Affairs, Government Relations, and Strategic Communication firm based out of Philadelphia, PA. Bellevue assists clients in building the relationships, pursuing policy and funding, and communicating complex and important messages and projects to stakeholders across the Commonwealth.